Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LoRa without LoRaWAN??

SWenn.1
Senior III

Hello all....

New to the STM32WL world and trying to understand some things:

Could someone point me to the appropriate applications, within the STM32WL Library package framework, for creating a remote control hub that could send a user defined packet structure to various nodes (network would be either simplex or half duplex (call / response)? (I want to use the LoRa phy but not have the restrictions of the LoRaWan protocol as this is a self contained intranet ---- no internet required)

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Danish1
Lead II

I think the "Concentrator" example might work better:

STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.3.0/Projects/NUCLEO-WL55JC/Demonstrations/LocalNetwork/LocalNetwork_Concentrator

and

STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.3.0/Projects/NUCLEO-WL55JC/Demonstrations/LocalNetwork/LocalNetwork_Sensor

At first glance it looks like communication is one-way, but it is actually two way because the concentrator can send messages to the sensors to say "change LoRa coefficients"

But whichever you use, it will require significant adaptation. And (in my case) learning how it was organised.

See UM2786: STM32CubeWL Nucleo demonstration firmware

Also I found AN5289: Building wireless applications with STM32WB Series microcontrollers helpful because it explained the Sequencer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

The ping-pong example could be a start for you.

Danish1
Lead II

I think the "Concentrator" example might work better:

STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.3.0/Projects/NUCLEO-WL55JC/Demonstrations/LocalNetwork/LocalNetwork_Concentrator

and

STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.3.0/Projects/NUCLEO-WL55JC/Demonstrations/LocalNetwork/LocalNetwork_Sensor

At first glance it looks like communication is one-way, but it is actually two way because the concentrator can send messages to the sensors to say "change LoRa coefficients"

But whichever you use, it will require significant adaptation. And (in my case) learning how it was organised.

See UM2786: STM32CubeWL Nucleo demonstration firmware

Also I found AN5289: Building wireless applications with STM32WB Series microcontrollers helpful because it explained the Sequencer