cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

learning lrwan1

JoaoFoonseca
Associate

hello im doing a school project using a Nucleo-F411RE with a I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 expansion, anyone got a good text or video tutorial how i connect the two boards?

im using the stm32cubeide

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @JoaoFoonseca and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I suggest you to refer to the Sub-Ghz Phy examples on the I-CUBE-LRWAN. I should be helpful to understand how it should work. For me, i suggest you to use our STM32 long range product the STM32WL that is an MCU with Sub-Ghz communication features. You can find on YouTube lot of videos that help you working with this product. Even a full STM32CubeWL library for this product. For more details refer to this link.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @JoaoFoonseca and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I suggest you to refer to the Sub-Ghz Phy examples on the I-CUBE-LRWAN. I should be helpful to understand how it should work. For me, i suggest you to use our STM32 long range product the STM32WL that is an MCU with Sub-Ghz communication features. You can find on YouTube lot of videos that help you working with this product. Even a full STM32CubeWL library for this product. For more details refer to this link.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@JoaoFoonseca wrote:

a good text or video tutorial how i connect the two boards?

What do you mean by that?

Connecting the boards is easy - the  I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 just plugs into the Adruino sockets of the Nucleo-F411RE.

Note that the  I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 is now classed as Obsolete.

EDIT:

The catch here is that the UART TX & RX on the Arduino D1 & D0 pins is needed for the communication between the Nucleo processor and the USI module on the shield.

Therefore SB13 & SB14 will need to be removed - and this means that you won't have any comms over the ST-Link's Virtual COM Port (VCP).

As @STTwo-32 said, you may be better off with an STM32WL board - or, perhaps the B-L072Z-LRWAN1...