cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any tutoriel or any documentation on how to configure a custom bluetooth template on CubeIDE for a STM32WB55CC ?

MathieuB_
Associate II

Hi

I don't understand how to use the custom bluetooth template in CubeIDE for a STM32WB55CC microchip. I need to know how to configure this in order to understand how to configure a bluetooth liaison with BLE.

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

You can have a look AN5289 How to build a wireless application

Regarding the configuration of your application starting from CubeMX tool, please have a look at the attached document.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @MathieuB_​ ,

You'll probably want to review this AN5292 How to build a Bluetooth® Low Energy mesh application for STM32WBx5 line microcontrollers.

Have a look also at the BLE examples within STM32CubeWB package.

Hope this helps you !

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately the AN5292 only applies to STM35WBx5 line Arm®-based microcontrollers, and I am currently using an STM32WB55CC.

Also, I don't understand how do the BLE examples within the STM32CubeWB package work. They are given but I don't understand how to link them to an application that I made, it doesn't seem that this part of the process is explained somewhere...

I hope I'm clear enough.

Best regards

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @MathieuB_​ ,

Have a look at the videos STM32WB Workshop (with Hands-On) to get fimiliar with the BLE and add BLE functionality.

You have also these resources:

If you still have issues, don't hesitate to come back to the Community and adding more details to your post (what exactly your porblem and the error message that you have, or with screenshot of your issue)

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi @Imen DAHMEN

Thank you for the links you gave me. First of all the videos STM32WB Workshop (with Hands-On) are great but unfortunately we already had seeen them and we didn't find the responses we were looking for.

The MOOC - STM32 BLE MESH Introduction serie videos is great too but uses the application ST BLE Mesh while we want to use an application made by ourselves.

Finally the STM32WB BLE Training was useful to me because it gaves me the Bluetooth Unique Identifier which is probably a lead on our connection problem. Unfortunately that's it, we didn't found in these links what we were looking for.

What we would like to know is how to program an application that could connect itself to our STM32WB55CC microcontroller thanks to its BLE function ?

Currently each document and video we saw was either a little bit off topic or not clear enough about the connection protocol between a microcontroller and any other device that doesn't belong to ST.

I hope I'm being clear enough about the exact problem.

Best regards

Mathieu

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @MathieuB_​,

I shared your post with @Remi QUINTIN​ our STM32WB expert, he may help you on your request.

Imen

Thanks
Imen
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

You can have a look AN5289 How to build a wireless application

Regarding the configuration of your application starting from CubeMX tool, please have a look at the attached document.

Hi @Remi QUINTIN​ and @Imen DAHMEN​ 

Thank you for your help, my team managed to solve our issues and now our project is functionnal just like we wanted.

Thanks for the patience and the propositions, your help has been very appreciated.

Best Regards,

Mathieu