cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any examples using the Lora E5 ?

Scott Dev
Senior

Hi

I have the Lora E5 development kit from seed, and able to send data to the server using the built in AT commands. I cant seem to find any guides, and basic examples on how to use the built in STM32 and Lora. Can anyone point me to the right pages?

Many thanks

Scott

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Scott Dev​ ,

Please have a look at PingPong example available in the STM32CubeWL package, and get inspired from the working examples:

STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.1.0\Projects\NUCLEO-WL55JC\Applications\SubGHz_Phy\SubGHz_Phy_PingPong

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Given as ST doesn't have a module version of the E5 yet, and those are available from partners like Seeed and RAK Wireless, I think it would be tremendously helpful for THOSE to have explicit examples within the CubeWL example trees.

https://www.rakwireless.com/en-us/products/lpwan-modules/rak3172-wisduo-lpwan-module

This goes to my general and long held view that the Cube environment should have templates, boilerplate code and testing done for highly popular board examples. This both forces attention to real-world hw and sw needs, and expands the testing and accomodation for different pin mapping and usage combinations. While this adds to the workload the outcome will be better and more robust code, and a drop in unnecessary support work trying to get new products to market, and increasing the adoption of ST parts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Doing some fishing I happened upon this tutorial

https://notes.iopush.net/blog/2022/01-rak3172/

Still, I think having ST curated templates for known/established boards outside of ST's own boards allows for a lot stronger tools, and leverages the whole point of automated code generation. One of which is avoid unnecessary repetition of things that could be done once, validated, and be redone in a key stroke or two with exceedingly high success ratios.

+1 Better, Fuller set of examples needed

Anyone else wanting STM32WL-E5 examples please like the top-level post to raise the profile/metrics.