cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable a port in the SubG_Phy Ping Pong example code of STM32WL55 without any errors ?

Subha_shree_bask
Associate II
 Though, I was able to run the point-to-point communication using the SubG_Phy ping-pong example using the STM32CubeIDE programmer with the STM32WL55JC1 board. 
Subha_shree_bask_1-1702571822485.png

However, if I just enable a GPIO port (making any minor changes in the configuration) to the same SubG_Phy ping pong example, the whole code is regenerated to include the configuration changes to the code and it produces a lot of errors stating that "User to provide its board definitions". Only by just enabling a single GPIO port \ I am getting these many errors. 

Subha_shree_bask_2-1702571847913.pngSubha_shree_bask_3-1702571863996.png

I tried many debugging tips like resetting, deleting the debug folder before running the program, restarting the whole project and IDE like for other projects, and replacing the radio. c and radio_driver.c files in the Middleware folder (as the errors were from these files) with the original radio.c and radio_driver.c files (before the changes). I tried my best to remove the errors and to run the program again, as the end goal is to successfully transmit sensor data with the LoRa communication protocol.  Can anyone suggest me a solution to debug this error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Subha_shree_bask 

I've tried to reproduce the issue, but everything works perfectly on my side. I suggest you use the last version of CubeMX to generate the example and CubeIDE . Also, you have to use the last version of the STM32CubeWL. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Subha_shree_bask 

I've tried to reproduce the issue, but everything works perfectly on my side. I suggest you use the last version of CubeMX to generate the example and CubeIDE . Also, you have to use the last version of the STM32CubeWL. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply I am using only the STM32CubeIDE software (As the configuration can also be done through this IDE) and using the "STM32 Project from existing CubeIDE configuration file(.ioc)" option to run the example program. It runs fine but on making some changes to the configuration lot of errors are produced. Also installing the STM32CubeMX and STM32WL software is necessary to successfully run the program?

I uninstalled the STMCubeMX and the STMCubeIDE and installed the current latest version. Also I downloaded the lasted STM32WL package and used the "SubGHz_Phy_Per.ioc" file from the directory en.stm32cubewl-v1-3-0\STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.3.0\Projects\B-WL5M-SUBG1\Applications\SubGHz_Phy\SubGHz_Phy_Per.

When I enable a GPIO port(making a small change in the configuration) while building there is no error and when debugging also it does not show any errors. But when I give the run button over the top left it shows that the Target is not responding though the STM32WL board is connected to the PC.

Subha_shree_bask_0-1703788713285.png

Subha_shree_bask_1-1703788752920.png

Also after enabling the GPIO port can when the code is getting regenerated I am getting this pop-up.

Subha_shree_bask_2-1703788802341.png

Hello @Subha_shree_bask 

I suggest you follow this post. Also, you can try this configuration on the sys_conf.

STTwo32_0-1704465627292.png

Best regards.

STTwo-32