cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make a uSD card on a STM32H7A3 accessible on my company network over WiFi (or Zigbee or LoRa or ???)

magene
Senior II

In the app I'm developing, I'll wind up with 50-100 files on my device's uSD card that need to be available to users on my company network. The device sits inside a sealed pressure housing and I'd really like to do this without a hard wired connection between my device and the company network. The users are not necessarily very tech savvy so the process needs to be simple. Currently, users interact with the device with simple commands sent from a terminal server running on a laptop using a RS232 to Bluetooth adapter. The Bluetooth signal gets through the pressure housing to a 2nd Bluetooth adapter inside the housing no problem. Is there a way to execute code on my device so that when the "FileTransfer" (or whatever) command is received users can browse and transfer files on the uSD card? It would be fine to reboot the device after receiving the command so it boots up looking like a hard drive.

I'm not stuck with Bluetooth. WiFi or similar technology would be fine. I'm not very familiar with WiFi and I am trying to educate myself but the WiFi topic is so broad it's hard to sift down to what I need to know. Is this a standard capability built into WiFi? Is FTP a possible solution? If so, can someone point me somewhere I can learn more about this?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Perhaps you can port Samba?

At a socket level you could implement FTP or HTTP, the latter might actually be the least complicated.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..