cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High frequency uplink with STM32WLE5JC

helixembedded
Associate II

Hello, 

I am working on a project using the STM32WLE5JC module and STM32CubeIDE for development, with firmware packge v.1.3.0.

We are currently running EMC tests at a test facility, and they have requested for the ability for the device to send data every 500ms (to The Things Network, TTN). Is  this doable? What configuration will be needed to accomplish such a fast transmission rate?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Last time i looked, TTN has a limit of 1000 message/day or 30 seconds of airtime/day. whatever is less. Your requirment for sure  breaks this limit.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@helixembedded wrote:

to The Things Network, TTN

As @Uwe Bonnes said, pretty sure this would break TTN's terms of use?

But, surely, what network you use is of no concern to the test house?

Surely, you just need to transmit - can't you adjust the Ping-Pong example for that?

The network is definitely not an issue here - we just need to transmit.

I was not aware of the Ping Pong example code. Will it be able to send data that quickly?

@helixembedded wrote:

Will it be able to send data that quickly?

I don't see why not - it's just a very simple demo ...

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @helixembedded 

First the Ping Pong example is a point-to-point application and not a transmission from an End node to network (such as TTN).  So, you can't use it for a transmission to a Gateway.

For your case, on the End Node example, set the #define APP_TX_DUTYCYCLE to 500. If you will have an issue, it should be an issue coming from the Network or Gateway parameters (maximum number of data per hours,....).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@STTwo-32 wrote:

First the Ping Pong example is a point-to-point application and not a transmission from an End node to network (such as TTN).  So, you can't use it for a transmission to a Gateway.

But does  that matter?

This is just for EMC testing - so won't just any transmission do?

No, but I've just wanted to clarify more about the Use cases since this post will be visible by other Users that may have confusion between LoRa and LoRaWAN use cases.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @STTwo-32 

Thanks for the clarification.

For the ping pong scenario to be used, the test house needs the two devices to be on fixed channels. For example device 1 will be fixed on channel 1 and device 2 will be fixed on channel 8.

How can this be configured?

Could you clarify more. Channels is on the concept of LoRaWAN not on Ping Pong.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32