cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors

CFrag.1
Associate II

I have been getting into issues on the STM32WB Nucleo Eval Board. As of now, i've been working on the BLE_Custom example from the Firmware 1.9.0. and i have it to where it bonds and has no MITM protection on. Once running it from the CubeMX and opening on the IDE any slight changes like making a command within the Main.c and in the while(1) loop it seems to not be found on any of my devices. Just opening the example with the configurations changes and not changing anything on the IDE makes it appear and paired up with my ios device or my laptop. I don't know if its a fault on the IDE, example or MX program. I also had tried changing the GAP name with the same character length and as well it did the same error where its not recognized by any of my devices

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

To protect all the modifications you did, you have to locate them within one of the user protected sections defined in file by a pair of comments like :

/* USER CODE BEGIN xx */

/* USER CODE END xx */

​Any lines in between those comments are protected against overwriting.

Each time you modify your configuration with CubeMX, this tool generates a new set of files needed to support your configuration. So all files part of the previous configuration are overwritten. But any code located in those section is preserved. Otherwise the user code is lost.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

To protect all the modifications you did, you have to locate them within one of the user protected sections defined in file by a pair of comments like :

/* USER CODE BEGIN xx */

/* USER CODE END xx */

​Any lines in between those comments are protected against overwriting.

Each time you modify your configuration with CubeMX, this tool generates a new set of files needed to support your configuration. So all files part of the previous configuration are overwritten. But any code located in those section is preserved. Otherwise the user code is lost.