cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious SPI behavior STm32WBA52CG

Curious_Intern
Associate II

Hello,
For those who saw my post about SD card and FileX, I am still on that subject and encountered an issue about SPI with the STM32WBA52CG MCU.

A Cube project is available attached to this post as a simplified example of SPI communication.

While using SPI1, the clock signal outside communications is at 1.2V instead of th precedent state 0 (0V) or 1 (3.3.V)
as shown in those oscilloscope screenshots:

Curious_Intern_0-1721916204394.png   Curious_Intern_1-1721916214895.png

While using SPI3 as I thought it might not show that behavior, another strange behavior appeared, this time on the MOSI signal with a constant voltage when outside com. at 1.9V: 

Curious_Intern_2-1721916358929.png Curious_Intern_4-1721916455040.png

I suspect this behavior to be at least partly responsible for my failure at communicating with an SD Card. (btw if you have some hints on that part I would be grateful 🙂 )

Is this related and is the cause of my lack of com. in my SD card/FileX project, does it have an impact on communication, and is it simply a bug or am I responsible for something?
I tried this with two NUCLEO-STM32WBA52CG dev cards with the same results so far.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

(Those Labels are clearly not helping as this is unrelated to any of those proposed...)

1 REPLY 1
SHs
ST Employee

Hello @Curious_Intern ,

Could you please enable FileX usnig CubeMX in your application ? I have reviewed your attached project and noticed that the FileX files are not visible. 

Also, I would recommend using pull-up resistors for SPI signals (SCK, MISO, MOSI). This can help ensure proper signal integrity and reliable operation.

Best Regards,

Please close this topic by clicking on “Accept as solution" button if it fully answered your question.