cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE server stops adverstising

SWenn.1
Senior III

Good afternoon....

I have a known working board with an STM32WB5MMGH6TR (server).  I am using an apk on a google pixel 6a.  The application scans for the device and if not found has a re-scan button that user can hit to try and connect (I am not the writer of the apk).  The issue I am seeing is that there are quite a few times when I power the server up that I cannot get the phone to connect.  It "appears" that the server stops advertising after some period at the front end of the FW operation.

Can someone tell me what I have to do to periodically have the FW send out advertising packets even after a connection is made? (I'm looking for BLE Configuration settings within CubeMX that I may have overlooked or just don't understand and possibly have set incorrectly).....At the moment I have no pairing and CFG_IO_CAPABILITY set to No input, No output.

Thanks

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
liaifat85
Senior II

You can use debugging tools such as a BLE sniffer to monitor the advertising behavior and identify any anomalies or errors.

Yes but the question still remains....with respect to firmware / CubeMX / STM32WB55 and BLE in general....Does it stop advertising at some point and if so do you kick it to restart it OR is there some combination of settings in Configuration I should be looking at?

Hello @SWenn.1 

I can't reproduce this on my side. Could you try other devices with our Board. Also, the recommendation of @liaifat85  should really be helpful.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.