cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I found an external loader, to program an external HyperFlash memory ?

Greg1
Associate

I'm developping an UI on a STM32L4R9 custom board with a LCD display; and I need to place image resources in an external HyperFlash Cypress memory (ref: S26KL128SDABHI020), using an OctoSpi interface, configured in HyperBus mode.

I need an external loader to program this flash directly from STM32CubeIDE, as for the internal flash.

Do you have already developped this kind of external loader, or something approaching ?

If yes, I would be really faster for my development !

thanks,

Gregory.

4 REPLIES 4

You'd have to write one for the part/wiring you have selected.

Step#1 would be to write your own app level code to bring up the interface and interact with the IC, basically get the read, write, erase, and quad mode tested/exercised.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Greg1
Associate

Yes, I already catched it; but my question is more: Has somebody already developped external HyperFlash loader fro STM32 ?

The goal is to save time !

Thanks,

Not a part I'm personally using, and can't socket/fixture it.

Built an assortment of other external loaders, with parts I can socket as SOP2-16 300mil

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ALan1
Associate II

Hi @Greg​ ,

Did you got external loader working? Could you save my time and share your implementation to me?

I need external loader, but I haven't got even reading and writing to work yet with my HyperBus flash chip.