cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using tft screen of stm32l496g-disco board with stm32cubeIDE

JIthu.1
Associate II

Hello,

I try to find a way to use the integrated tft screen with ST IDE. I can't find any option nor any driver to do it. Can someone help me to start ?

I try to follow the youtube tuto : Setting up TouchGFX 4.10.0 integration with CubeIDE 1.0.2

But with my board, I don't have any option in middleware for Display. I add soft for TouchGFX. I have enable CRC + XCube-touchGFX. But when I try to setup the interface to parallel RGB, option is disable saying I need to enable LTDC. I don't find any LTDC option in cubemx for this board.

Can someone help me ?

Julien

4 REPLIES 4
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi Julien,

What do you mean by "integrated tft screen" ? And by ST IDE do you mean Cube IDE? Are you trying to do something with an ST display kit ?

CubeMX/CubeIDE will not help you with displays (It's BSP), only MCU configuration. If you do not find LTDC in CubeMX (It's under Multimedia category) then there's no LTDC on your MCU and you have to choose "custom" display interface and implement the driver yourself (maybe it's an MCU supporting a serial interface)

/Martin

JIthu.1
Associate II

Hello,

Thank’s for your answer. I buy the stm32l496g-discovery board. This board have a tft screen. I try to find how in stm32cube IDE I can use it. In fact, I search how to use it with or without touchGFX. I search with display control is use in this board but I don’t find the answer.

If ltdc is not present in stm32l496 how can I run the touchGFX editor. I sorry but I’m a little lost.

Julien

---------------------- add -------------------

In fact, if I start a new project form sw4stm32 I found a driver for the screen. But If I start a new project with stm32cube IDE, I don't find any driver nor any information regards the screen or BSP. Could you help me starting with cube IDE. Maybe I do something wrong.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

The stm32l496g-discovery board is supported by the TouchGFX designer when you create a new application

JIthu.1
Associate II

Cloud you explain me how. When I start new project, I select the board. Then I initialise all and open MX context. On the context I select additional software like :

0690X00000BwnDxQAJ.png

Then I enable toucheFX, but I can't use parallel connection only custom :

0690X00000BwnFAQAZ.png

I don't have any button to start the editor nor I have any option related to the screen.

Could you tell me what I do wrong.

Julien