cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

touchGFX update suggestion

MTora.1
Associate III

Hi dears

thanks in advance to produce and developing TouchGFX Software.

I have some advice for the new update of this software.

0693W00000Y8IPzQAN.png 

It would be good if we can have groups for images like groups available for texts.

we can improve our management of images when we have lots of them.

7 REPLIES 7
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @MTora.1​,

That's a good idea, thanks, I'll transmit to my colleagues.

Thank you for your input !

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
MM..1
Chief II

FYI in up menu exist Share - Ideas part for this messages

MTora.1
Associate III

And what about error reports?

For errors and bugs this section is fine 👌. We will report them to the relevant teams with our internal ticket system.

The idea zone MM shared is a way for us to keep track of all those ideas without having them drown with all the other posts, so it is preferred. But it is fine here as well if we have not missed it that's all

/Romain

MTora.1
Associate III

Hi again

Another suggestion to attention is that you add a screen and work on it for a while If you ganna delete an icon or widget and if wrongly a screen is selected instead of them you will lose the screen and there isn't any undo shortcut key to return deleted screen. also, touchGFX doesn't show a prompt when the delete action happens. it leads to losing everything easily.

thank you for your attention

Hello MTora.1,

The deletion of a screen with no widgets in it will indeed not show any message, but if you try to delete a screen with some widget, you'll have a "Confirm Deletion" popup as shown bellow.

So you could never delete a entire screen by mistake 😉

0693W00000Y972wQAB.png 

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
MTora.1
Associate III

Hi dears

I'm going to add something to the image group feature.

as you see in the image attached below, The touchGFX software sorted added images by alphabet order.

then give them an ID and integer number. It would be great if you be able to change the sorted list manually, So users can work a group of images in a sequence or loop simply in code.

for example, the user can work on the first image with ID and the corresponding number of BITMAP_image1_ID=30.

So you easily increase the number to 31 until the last image.

0693W00000aHTyXQAW.png