cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX on U575I-EV

CButz.1
Associate III

Hi there,
I am currently trying to get TouchGFX working on the U575I-Eval Board.
Is there a project to start from?

I made a new project with components initialised and TouchGFX activated.
What do I need to activate too?
Do I need the hx8347i driver? (from bsp or demo project of the eval board).

If I correctly analysed the nucleo144 project, the lcd driver isnt even used?

When i use X-Cube-Display->Board Part->Memory->Custom: OSPI, the "parameter settings" for external memory parameters tell me that bus type is "octo SPI", but the Instance says "Unavailable Quad SPI Mode", OCTOSPI1 is configured as Octo SPI. I dont get how i set it to OSPI and then it asks for a Quad SPI.

Do I even need the X-Cube-Display? I found the "TouchGFX Presentation AL Development – Hands-on" where the X-Cube-Display isnt even used, but a LTDC instead of  FMC display is used there.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @CButz.1 ,

I recommend you, when you configured the TouchGFX example, to get inspired from the steps described in this MOOC "TouchGFX Presentation: How to Customize a TouchGFX Application Template for STM32H7B3I-DK: Part 2".

Concerning the The X-CUBE-DISPLAY Expansion Package provides simple and generic support software for the X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1, X-NUCLEO-GFX01M2, and X-NUCLEO-GFX02Z1 expansion boards.

You can as well start a new project on different MCUs or boards by following the steps detailed on the 5. section of the UM2787 and configure the needed settings after verifying the compatibility and being sure it is possible to add the pack to the project.

The STM32U575 MCU supports the OCTOSPI interface. So, you can't select an QUADSPI interface in the X-Cube-Display.

For that, in your case, it should be selected OCTOSPI interface in X-Cube-Display->Board Part->Memory->Custom: OSPI and set the OCTOSPI as a Quad SPI Mode.

KDJEM1_0-1687513067754.png

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing "Accept as Solution". This will help other users find that answer faster

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @CButz.1 ,

I recommend you, when you configured the TouchGFX example, to get inspired from the steps described in this MOOC "TouchGFX Presentation: How to Customize a TouchGFX Application Template for STM32H7B3I-DK: Part 2".

Concerning the The X-CUBE-DISPLAY Expansion Package provides simple and generic support software for the X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1, X-NUCLEO-GFX01M2, and X-NUCLEO-GFX02Z1 expansion boards.

You can as well start a new project on different MCUs or boards by following the steps detailed on the 5. section of the UM2787 and configure the needed settings after verifying the compatibility and being sure it is possible to add the pack to the project.

The STM32U575 MCU supports the OCTOSPI interface. So, you can't select an QUADSPI interface in the X-Cube-Display.

For that, in your case, it should be selected OCTOSPI interface in X-Cube-Display->Board Part->Memory->Custom: OSPI and set the OCTOSPI as a Quad SPI Mode.

KDJEM1_0-1687513067754.png

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing "Accept as Solution". This will help other users find that answer faster

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.