cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Official Demo cannot work completely on custom board problem

Charlie CHEN
Associate II

Hi All to Professional,

I`m using the TouchGFX to work on my custom board. (STM32H7Series)

And my environment of software tool.

- STM32CubeIDE Ver 1.11.2

- TouchGFX Desiger 4.20.0

Here`s the thing~

I build the project with CubeIDE and setting all peripheral, parameter etc.. .Then start with build-in TouchGFX target, and choose the official demo like below.

CharlieCHEN_1-1705631823804.png

After that, either generate TouchGFX code or compile the project, all success and no error.

Then start programming on custom board, it works fine. But it is weird that the Home Control is always getting stuck. And I try the TouchGFX simulator it is work.

What I`m doing the next step, is to get in to debug mode and check the process. And I found it always stuck at "syscalls.c" with no reason.

CharlieCHEN_2-1705632393771.pngCharlieCHEN_3-1705632406559.png

Is there any suggestion or experience about syscalls problem?

Thanks for any help~

Best regards,

Charlie

7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Charlie CHEN ,

It is very hard to pinpoint the problem. Could you please provide more information about when the issue happens? like does it happen when just click to start the Home Control sub-demo? Or when you are running it and try to interact with it? 
It would be nice if you can take a screenshot of the call stack.

Thank you

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hi @Mohammad MORADI ESFAHANIASL ,

Thanks for your reply!

Here is the problem, when I trying to start  the Home Control demo, it will stock at the main page and cannot work or touchable, then I debug the code at the stock screen, it stops at the syscalls.c as previous topic.

I can`t figure out what`s wrong.

thank you.

Charlie

I see, 
Are you sure you have dedicated enough space to the heap and the stack? 
There shouldn't be a problem with the code of the application, and STM32H7 series are capable MCUs, so I suggest checking the configuration of your custom board. There is a good chance that the problem comes from the heap or stack size (For instance set them to 0x1000). 

Good luck

Mohammad MORADI

Hi, 

I have been trying setting more heap or stack size (like 0x2000..) before, but still not work.

CharlieCHEN_0-1708320712960.png

Or is the H7 Series have enough size for the Demo to work?
I search the other solution is said that need external RAM. But don`t know how to implement it.

Is it possible to make it?

Thank you.

Charlie

MEde.1
Associate III

Before you waste too much time on this, I can't get this demo to work on a board that STM say is actually supported (STM32H747I-Disco). I have just double checked and it fails on "program and run", all the others work fine.

Yes, STM32H7 series support External RAM by FMC. So, it depends on the custom board that you are using. If you have SDRAM or SRAM, then you can follow this link to see the instruction for setting it up. 
It is worth mentioning that, STM32H7 series does not have enough Internal RAM to host the whole TouchGFX Demo 2 (it is a pretty big demo). So, I think External RAM can help you running the demo correctly.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions,
Good luck

Mohammad MORADI

Hello @MEde.1 ,

I'm deeply sorry for the issue, unfortunately, I can confirm that the demo fails to run on the target from the TouchGFX Designer, however, you can compile the project by STM32CubeIDE and program it on the board from STM32CubeProgrammer.
But anyway, we will fix this problem as soon as possible.
Thank you so much for pointing this issue out.

Best regards,

Mohammad MORADI