cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX_init make hardfault on Frontendheap function on STM32H743

MHaji.1
Associate III

Hello,

I have problem with touchGFX once i updated it from 4.16.1 to 4.17 ....

when touchgfx_init() function reached to this line (FrontendHeap& heap = FrontendHeap::getInstance();) it makes hardfault which i have not on previous version....

in assembly on this line:

0x08009748 F7FAFBF4 BL.W     _ZN12FrontendHeapC2Ev (0x08003F34)

Please help ......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Romian,

The problem was solved when I decided to migrate from Keil to STM32CubeIDE... surprisingly everything's worked fine... I think Keil bugs made this issue...

Special thanks for your support.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Digging this up a bit. Were you able to fix your issue ? Were you working on a custom hardware or on the STM32H743-EVAl board ? What toolchain/IDE are you working with (and which version) ?

I was not able to replicate your issue on the eval board, could you share your project if you are working on this board ? Or screenshots of the error message if any / hardfault ?

You say on your other post that you also tried to create a project from scratch, did you create it from STM32CubeMX 6.3 or from STM32CubeIDE ?

/Romain

Hi Romian,

The problem was solved when I decided to migrate from Keil to STM32CubeIDE... surprisingly everything's worked fine... I think Keil bugs made this issue...

Special thanks for your support.

AJoke.1
Associate

Hello,

I have the same ​problem with identical behavior on stm32h743xi. Hard fault after line:

FrontendHeap& heap=FrontendHeap::getInstance();

Problem was in initialization of CRC module.

In my case default _weak implementation of HAL_CRC_MspInit() doesn't perform __HAL_RCC_CRC_CLK_ENABLE();

Hi, Are you using cubeIde or Keil?

AJoke.1
Associate

Hi,

I use cubeide ​1.8.0

PPete
Associate III

I have the same Error using a Custom Board with a STM32H743ZI controller.
First a want to use the internal Flash and RAM_D1 for the TouchGFX App but i always get a Hardfault on Line
FrontendHeap& heap=FrontendHeap::getInstance();

__HAL_RCC_CRC_CLK_ENABLE(); is executed
my Toolchain is up to date

any ideas?

Richard Lowe
Senior III

Same error here. Using STM32H747i Eval board.

• STM32CubeIDE version: 1.13.1
  • TouchGFX Version: 4.22.1
  • __HAL_RCC_CRC_CLK_ENABLE() executed

Added the first TextBox widget to my project. Added wildcard. When FronendHeap::getInstance() is called it is trapped by the MemManage_Handler fault. When disabling the Memory Management Unit, it is trapped in the HardFault_Handler.

If I delete the textbox, error is gone.

QSPI is initialized and in MemoryMapMode. Address is readable by the debugger.

Occasionally, if I step through the code, I can get by the FrontEndHeap::getInstance() only to have to crash at touchgfx::TextArea::getTextWidth().

I can confirm all bitmaps in QSPI load correctly, so QSPI does not seem to be the issue.

A little more insight. When removing the linker directive for text and place it in flash, it works.

TextFlashSection :
  {
  	ExtThirdPartyHeader = .;
  	KEEP(*(.TextFlashSection));
  	ExtThirdPartyHeader_end = .;
  } >QSPI

Is there anything incorrect with the above directive?

i have the same problem