cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX crashes on project creation

Richard64
Associate II

Hi,

I've installed TouchGFX following the instruction at https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/introduction/installation on a completely new installation of windows 10. When I try to create a project, TouchGFX crashes at 88% and simply closes. When I checked the TouchGFXDesigner.log file the error is System.IO.FileLoadException: Failed to load native freetype library!

Any idea how I can fix this?

Please see attached log file.

Thank for your help. Looking forward to get the designer working.

Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Richard64,

I apologize for the issue you are facing. Our team is actively working on a solution, and we hope to have it resolved soon. In the meantime, you can use TouchGFX 4.21.4 as a temporary workaround. Once the new patch is available, you can easily upgrade your project to the latest version

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hello @Richard64,

I apologize for the issue you are facing. Our team is actively working on a solution, and we hope to have it resolved soon. In the meantime, you can use TouchGFX 4.21.4 as a temporary workaround. Once the new patch is available, you can easily upgrade your project to the latest version

Mohammad MORADI
Richard64
Associate II

Thank you so much Mohammad for the quick response. That fixed the issue.

Have a good day,

Richard

Glad to hear I could help. 

Mohammad MORADI
t.decker
Senior II

I have a much higher success rate (I mean finished code generation instead of crashed program) when keeping the window focus to the Designer and not clicking anywhere till it is done. It almost always crashes when I change the window focus to a web browser, CubeIDE or something else.

Edit: oh I see this is about project creation. I have lots of crashes during code generation and was talking about this.

When this account seems to be inactive, try @tdecker2 - ST can't change mail addresses, so I had to create a new account.

Hello @Richard64 ,

Based on our investigations, having an old version of Visual C++ will cause this error (Failed to load native freetype library). Please try to install the latest version of it. You can download it from here:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170#visual-studio-2015-2017-2019-and-2022

I hope it helps

Mohammad MORADI

Yep, I can confirm that the latest version of Visual C++ fixed the issue.

Thank you!👍

Hello - I am experiencing this issue with the latest TouchGFX Designer (4.23.2) on a brand new Windows 11 machine.  I cannot run an earlier build of TouchGFX Designer because other people on my team are using 4.23.2 and the file formats are not compatible.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Hello @ghassett ,

Could you please open a new ticket? 
It would be easier for us to track the issue because it is not related to TouchGFX 4.21.x anymore

Thank you 

Mohammad MORADI