Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Code generating and Simulator error

DSham
Associate II

I installed touch 4.10

select STM32429I-Disc1

after combining package:

1 At startup and when I pressed "Run Target" or "Generate Code" the program shows:

"Error during code generation".

2 When I pressed "Run Simulator":

"Unable to lounch simulator".

When forming a project from CubeMX, the same thing happens.

Does anyone know what's the matter?

59 REPLIES 59
It should be ok to "APPLY & CLOSE" this screen.
Continue the installation process to it is completed.
Then test again with:
1) Launch the STM32 IDE -> start a new project -> Board Selector -> locate the same kit you own -> proceed to allow the toolchain to build an empty skeleton of the project.
2) If anything is missing for this target kit, the tools will auto-install for you.
3) Then Project -> Build all. Does this compile ok for you under the STM32 IDE ? If yes, close this toolchain and run the TouchGFX toolchain and attempt your Pool Lights GUI demo again using only the SIMULATOR. Does it build ok now?
Need to get ready for the office. If you are still facing issues, we can try to join with TeamViewer. Will be in about 90 minutes from now = 10:30 AM EST (Canada).
I think you are really really really close to getting this working. Root cause is your toolchain not being properly installed.
MedBoy
Associate II

Im so happy for your helps. we can try with teamviewer. this is my e-mail address. we can contact via e-mail after that if you want too. i will sent to you my id and password 2 hour later.

No worries. Just emailed you. I am now at the office and will attempt the same kit and demo on the simulator. May even have the same hardware but need to do some serious digging.

Ok. Just installed the support files for the same target STM32F746G_DISCOVERY kit -> after this installation, the TouchGFX simulator ran fine. Took less than 5 minutes but numerous support files were downloaded in the background. Very impressive toolchain as of this latest review. We can review your installation over TeamViewer once you send over the credentials.

0693W000007B8h8QAC.jpg

Mon2
Senior III

Just a quick update for anyone following this thread...

1) Updated the STM32 cube IDE to 1.5.1 (was on 1.5)

2) Selected the STM32F746G_Discovery Kit which installed other dependent files for this target.

3) After completion, important that the STM32 Cube IDE can build this wizard generated basic project. If it does not build, the TouchGFX will also fail. That is our experience.

4) After this proper build, the TouchGFX was still failing but we observed the log of the compilation and the developer has spaces and some characters in the Windows user name foldername. He will now re-install a fresh Windows 10 OS with a short folder name (without these characters) -> then a fresh copy of the ST tools to test again.

My local PC on Windows 10 and a simple folder name is allowing all demo code to compile ok and the TouchGFX (gcc compiler) compiles ok.

MedBoy
Associate II

Hi everyone,

first of all, thank you sooooo much @Mon2​ and @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

@Mon2​  solved my problem with teamviewer. he is very very gentleman and good person. my problem is just windows 10 user name that has space and some character. i reinstalled windows 10 with valid user name. so touchgfx is working fine.👌

Dear Mr Martin

In touchGFX I can generate the code but I can´t simulate with this error:

Compiling generated/gui_generated/src/screen_screen/screenViewBase.cpp
gui/src/model/Model.cpp:4:10: fatal error: stm32f4XX_hal.h: No such file or directory
#include "stm32f4XX_hal.h"//obrigado declarar
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

I already reinstall TouchGFX, I already rebuilt all my project in STM32CUBEIDE and nothing.

This library is present in the Stm32cubeIDE path project.

Do you have any idea of what is causing this error: thanks, Best regards.

Martin Stig STISSING
ST Employee

Hi @fpgiovanini

It appears you have responded to an old community post.

Please create a new post describing your problem. Include steps done, steps to reproduce, what is working, what is not working, environment.

Thanks in advance.

Isnt first outdated post in this "NEW BEST FORUM PORTAL" every new version is worst

Is normal you cant simulate hw based code.