Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Code generating and Simulator error

DSham
Associate II

I installed touch 4.10

select STM32429I-Disc1

after combining package:

1 At startup and when I pressed "Run Target" or "Generate Code" the program shows:

"Error during code generation".

2 When I pressed "Run Simulator":

"Unable to lounch simulator".

When forming a project from CubeMX, the same thing happens.

Does anyone know what's the matter?

59 REPLIES 59

(You're also welcome to send me the project).

For building through the designer the mingw32 library must be present: Middlewares\ST\TouchGFX\touchgfx\lib\win\mingw32\libtouchgfx.a

The SDL libs are inside: Middlewares\ST\TouchGFX\touchgfx\lib\sdl2\win32

DSham
Associate II

My TouchGFX works on other PCs (on a virtual machine and at home), a problem with a working PC, administrators cannot help

I compared, all the same on all PC

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ . Thanks for your replies.

You are correct, for the created project, the above 2 folders were not auto-generated. To resolve, copied the missing 2 folders from the STM32F429i-DISC1 project we had on the same drive inside this broken folder structure.

Now the simulator is working fine 😀

Thanks. Time permitting, will try some experiments with the STM32F429i-DISCO kit which we believe to have in the lab.

Bye for now.

Hi.

1) Can you post your project that is raising the errors? You can use wetransfer (free) service to post a large file for the access.

2) It appears that you have a working platform for the STM32F429i-DISC1 kit but if you do not, please review:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000A4pPgPSQU/stm32f2429-disc1-configuration-with-touchgfx-cubemx-50

Without the above procedure, the target kit will not work nor compile error-free correctly.

Great!

Good luck on the STM32F429i-DISCO  🙂 With CubeMX? I wrote an article on STM32F429i-DISCO + IAR + CubeMX. Maybe some of it is useful - you're probably not using IAR.

Mon2
Senior III

Thanks @Martin KJELDSEN​ , we actually wrote the first article on the integration with IAR about a month ago - took forever to fix the many raised errors but got it working well of weeks of debugging (STM32F429i-DISC1 + IAR or SW4STM32 + CubeMX):

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000A4pPgPSQU/stm32f2429-disc1-configuration-with-touchgfx-cubemx-50

On some feedback - Keil appears to be still broken as far as we know with the tool integration. Perhaps the fix for this integration can be raised as a priority of things to fix? 😀

The next challenge, time permitting, is to see if we can get the STM32F469i-DISCO working with these tools.

DSham
Associate II

I take any demo project fo stm32f429i-disc1

Your efforts to help the community are _greatly_ appreciated =) It's great to have guys like you in here.

In terms of Keil support - We want TouchGFX to be a smooth experience with little to no effort to get things running. CubeMX interfaces with lots of other components, but we're working with them to improve integration when possible.

Mon2
Senior III

@DSham​ , review this thread for complete details on how to build for stm32f429i-disc1:

You can use IAR or SW4STM32 (free) compilers. Good luck!!

DSham
Associate II

SW4STM32 does not help.

the result is the same