cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX 4.20.0. Vertical Frontline Problem in Dynamic Graph Widget

GS1
Senior III

Hello all,

I am using the Dynamic Graph to display incoming data over time. The frontline moves forward on the x-axis as expected.

Then the user presses the Start Button to record the data, I clear the graph and restart at 0. The vertical frontline also restarts from position x.

BUT: the previous frontline position is not removed in the graphics and stays there as a vertical non-moving line until the current frontline overwrites it.

How can I remove this "old" vertical frontline?

I have tried the following:

graphicVerticalFrontline.setVisible(false);

graphicVerticalFrontline.invalidate();

graphic.clear();

graphic.invalidate();

graphicVerticalFrontline.setVisible(true);

graphicVerticalFrontline.invalidate();

0693W00000QLNnlQAH.png 

Has anybody an idea how to remove the old frontline?

BR GS

12 REPLIES 12
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @GS@S​ ,

Could you please share your project ?

It would make it more easier for us to help you with your issue.

Thank you,

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Good morning, Yoann,

sorry, I can not share the project as it is confidential and only running on our target system.

But I think you can easily reproduce the issue by creating a graphics and do a graphics reset after some time. I assume you have demo system where you tested your dynamic graph widget. So please just try by yourself.

BR GS

Hello,

I tried to reproduce your issue, but it works fine for me.

I began with the Dynamic Graph Example available in TouchGFXDesigner.

Then, I added

graph.clear();
graph.invalidate();

in the handleTickEvent() method, in order to clear the graph content on a regular basis.

I also checked "Wrap and Overwrite" and "Vertical Frontline" options available in the Dynamic Graph Widget configuration.

In my project the Graph data and the Frontline are cleared correctly every 180 ticks.

You can find my project attached to this post.

Hope that this helps you,

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN

Hello,I am looking for some one asking questions about vertical front line in dynamic graph.

Sir, I am using in two column 6 dynamic graphs, when I enable the vertical front line, as it moves to the right , my behind background which is consisting of vertical and horizontal lines (grids) will erase as the line moves.

Is there any solution when the line moves, grids won't erase?

I think is it possible to change the vertical front line by user code? or is it fixed??

sorry for bad english.

Thanks alot!

Hello @nsabo.1​ ,

It is pretty hard to understand the problem without images.

Could you create a new post and provide screenshots of the issue you are encountering ?

That could help a lot 🙂

Thanks,

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN

Hi, I solved it by alpha changing in vertical front line, I have another question,

I want a menu which has 4 modes should be modified, I want to initialize it by hardware push button.

I have only 3 hardware pushbuttons in left, right and center.

How is it possible to select a menu in touch gfx by pressing hardware push buttons I mean you can select anything in touchgfx by pressing the buttons ,in emwin that was possible by icon view.

I mean you can move in widgets by pressing buttons.

Do we have sth like this in touch gfx?

Thanks,

Hello,

There is the Aircon Demo that can help you understanding how to use HW buttons on your board. Please have a look at that :

0693W00000WJJ8eQAH.png 

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN

Hi, I want to draw 6 dynamic graphs in 800 * 480 TFT LCD, by STM32F429 in 16 bits.

I can display each graph separately by changing the speed and gain,

the problem is, to show each graph behind each other I got my data lost

I sent my codes.

How can I solve this problem?

first, I drew 6 graphs at the same size , in one screen, for example each graph started at the same point and same size no changes in 6 graphs.

then I defined an offset value for each graph to just change the starting point of data to be shown, but I saw my graphs got some strange shapes... that was not my correct display as each of them drawn separately,

I don't know what to do .

In the file below, I made each graph in small size but when I multiply my data ,every thing mixed up!

I am working on ECG MACHINE as my project.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!