cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX 4.18 and STM32CubeIDE - Unable to compile (Videos.s)

Mecanix
Senior

Hi, I've just managed to get 4.18 to show into STM32CubeIDE and fairly happy about that. However quite shattered to find out that some of the same 4.17 bugs remains... among a new one that is new to me (Videos.s). All in all, the default generated code does not compile and consequently makes TouchGFX unusable. Quite unfortunate.

Anybody had any luck getting around the now old 'touchgfx_init' and 'touchgfx_taskentry' bugs?

ps. the videos.s bug (1st screenshot) can somehow be fixed by simply deleting the entry from the resource tree.

0693W00000FDpapQAD.jpg 

0693W00000FDpazQAD.jpg

26 REPLIES 26

I cannot remember the exact history of my project. The project was originally generated using an NXP demo project just before ST aquired Touchgfx. Later the board was switched to ST development board and after importing into CubeIDE it was switchted to a custom board by importing a new ioc file.

The issue was, that the file was generated and the project could not be built because of the same error as reported in the origjnal post (unable to compile Videos.s). I had to exclude the source location "generated/videos/src/keil/" in the TouchGFX directory.

I wonder where it finds "Keil" in order to generate this file.

RRuoc.1
Associate II

Hello,

I use a STM32H750B-DK Board and have the same problem as Mecanix decribes it in his/her first post and picture. Altough I generated code over the CubeMX and it is C++ code. Additional I also tried the steps from this proposal:

" Concerning the video widget from your steps it seems to me that you have not set it in the TouchGFX Generator in the STM32CubeMX view. It is not enough to just use the video widget in TouchGFX Designer."

If I generate code over with the TouchGFX tool and build it in the IDE, there is no problem. It seems very strange to me.

Additonaly i I use the same version of the STM32 tools as Mexicanix.

That is because the STM32H750-dk is one of the 4 boards we have set for now with Hardware Video decoding initialized 👍 Not all boards support hardware decoding, but in the very near future we will also set Software Video decoding for all relavent boards and their respective TBSes.

/Romain

RZahor
Associate II

Hi,

Same issue here. I have to delete videos.s after every code generation.

In total, with two active bugs in TGFX, I have to do about 5 manual fixes every time I generate code.

I hope it will be fixed soon.

Roy

Hi,

What active bugs are you facing ? TouchGFX 4.18.1 should come out end of November/early December.

/Romain

Hi,

Sorry for the delay...

The other bug is the one I sent you in a PM, regarding component name not being saved in the TGFX designer. Do you believe 4.18.1 will include a fix for this bug as well?

Thank you very much,

Roy

VShet.2
Associate III

Hi @Romain DIELEMAN​ ,

I am facing compilation issue related to viseos.s file as mentioned in original question in this thread. This happens only if you create project from cubeMX with "Generate under root" check box ticked in project manager. Otherwise it works fine. This issue was not present in earlier version 4.17.

I already have my project created with that check box ticked. Is there a fix for this when you are upgrading touchGFX to 4.18 from 4.17 and the original project is created with "Generate under root" check box ticked in project manager ??

Thanks,

Vatsal