cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX 180 degree orientation?

patrickschneider9
Associate III

Hi everyone,

is it somehow possible to "flip" the screen for a 180 degree rotation?

Either on TouchGFX, LTDC or DMA2D level?

We are using CubeMX to generate the whole project and everything works smoothly, but we need to rotate the screen.

Cheers,

Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to realise this in TouchGFX. As a rule, users have so far developed the graphic interface for a static system and in such a case simply rotated the entire display by 180 degrees, i.e. mechanically. You may be able to do the rotation at driver level because some displays allow that. 

However, there is a thread here in the community in which a software solution with all its disadvantages has already been discussed.

Good luck!

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to realise this in TouchGFX. As a rule, users have so far developed the graphic interface for a static system and in such a case simply rotated the entire display by 180 degrees, i.e. mechanically. You may be able to do the rotation at driver level because some displays allow that. 

However, there is a thread here in the community in which a software solution with all its disadvantages has already been discussed.

Good luck!

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
patrickschneider9
Associate III

Hello Peter,

thanks for pointing me to this thread!

MSale.1
Senior

@patrickschneider9 

The main problem in 90 degree rotation with DMA2D is that it lacks the ability to decrement the destination address. there is an optimized way to rotate an image 90 degree with much better performance compared to software version.

for 180 degree you can use MDMA. they have an example for it.

Regards

M.Salem