cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Gestures using resistive touch

ATank.1
Associate III

Hello,

I plan to use a STM32H745 controller and 7" LCD TFT display with resistive touch. Am using TouchGFX for UI developement. 

My application should support Touch gestures such as swipe and list scroll. 

I already have used capacitive touch in another project with same controller and touchGFX and was able to swipe and scroll seamlessy without any additional implementation

Are these gestures possible with a rsistive touch screen? if yes then can you please provide any sample codes for the same.

Thanks 

Anuj 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LouisB
ST Employee

Hello @ATank.1 ,

There's no difference between the capacitive and resistive implementation in TouchGFX. So if your board has the driver for a touch screen, it will work either if it's resistive or capacitive.
There are few examples in TouchGFX Designer that use gestures like the SwipeContainer or the ScrollWheel examples. Also you can check the code of these widgets to see how it works.

I hope it answers your question.
Regards,

Louis BOUDO
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LouisB
ST Employee

Hello @ATank.1 ,

There's no difference between the capacitive and resistive implementation in TouchGFX. So if your board has the driver for a touch screen, it will work either if it's resistive or capacitive.
There are few examples in TouchGFX Designer that use gestures like the SwipeContainer or the ScrollWheel examples. Also you can check the code of these widgets to see how it works.

I hope it answers your question.
Regards,

Louis BOUDO
ATank.1
Associate III

Hello,

Thank you for you reply.

Just to confirm the driver only gives us touch coordinates. The scrolling and swiping is handled by TouchGFX internally?

Thanks

Anuj 

LouisB
ST Employee

Hello @ATank.1 ,

Yes, swiping / scrolling / gestures / and all other event are handled by TouchGFX

I hope that answer your question,
Regards

Louis BOUDO