cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve for stm32f769-disc0 board - `RAM' overflowed by 1168976 bytes

jr_engr_mbed
Associate III

hi st team/community .,
AS i followed st youtube video for dynamic graph conversion from ADC ..where they used STM32h7b3 disc0 which has enough ram compared to mine(stm32f769 disc0)..i need to know which is simple way for doing it worked,, where i will ready for anything to do..(like reduce for resoution and size )..because.,this is testing only.,,where i need to do ECG waveform in display furture process..
if i'm going to use ecg waveform from 12-lead.,then how should i do it in this board.,??
should i use 12 separate dynamic graph...??
STM32 Graphics: How to use the graph widget to display the ADC converted values, Part 2 (youtube.com)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello again,
For removing the initialized data, just remove the checkmark for "Generate Random Values" under the Properties of your dynamic graph. 

And also, you can scale your graph by changing the Value Range in the Properties again.

Dynamic Graph PropertiesDynamic Graph Properties

You can read more about the Dynamic graphs and how they work here 

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

You need to place your RAM hogging variables in the on-board SDRAM and enable the SDRAM

SofLit
ST Employee

Its seems that internal RAM is not sufficient for the frame buffer used by TouchGFX. You need as said by @Uwe Bonnes to enable the SDRAM and relocate the frame buffer into it.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @jr_engr_mbed ,

There is a Borad Setup available in TouchGFX Designer that you can use to develop you GUI easily. As our fellow friends @Uwe Bonnes and @SofLit mentioned, SDRAM is required, however, the TouchGFX Board Setup has already set it up, so you don't need to do it yourself.
STM32F769I-Disco Board SetupSTM32F769I-Disco Board Setup

About the 12 dynamic graphs, I suggest putting them in in separate screens and not in a single one, otherwise, the performance will be affected significantly. And, regarding the ECG waveforms, the format of the waveform depends on the value of the data that you add to your graph, and the process of handling external data is completely similar to the one explained in the video you mentioned. 

Don't hesitate to ask more questions if you needed, good luck

Mohammad MORADI

Hi,

Thank you for your assistance. Now, I can display the waveform on the screen, but I am unsure how to eliminate the initial waveform that appears before the analog input starts. Please explain how to avoid this initial wave so that the analog waveform is displayed correctly from the beginning.

Additionally, how can I increase the amplitude of the wave? Where should I set this to ensure the waveform covers the full display?

i given pic for it to view..below

Hello again,
For removing the initialized data, just remove the checkmark for "Generate Random Values" under the Properties of your dynamic graph. 

And also, you can scale your graph by changing the Value Range in the Properties again.

Dynamic Graph PropertiesDynamic Graph Properties

You can read more about the Dynamic graphs and how they work here 

Mohammad MORADI