cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts with multiple typographies

SWT-GAL
Associate II

We have a design with a menu implementation that uses texts in multiple places with potentially different typographies (the translated text is used for menu entries, headings or keyboard edit screens). Example: We have a parameter "Modbus Address" which has a menu entry with "Typography 1". When entering the menu, the keyboard pops up with the title "Modbus Address" with "Typography 1 bold". 

The issue is that the TouchGFX generator only generates the glyphs for the selected typography of the text resource but not for other typographies the text can be potentially used with. Now with the use of wildcard ranges this is easy for latin and other character sets with a relatively small number of character. But with chinese or similar languages, I would need to include >20k chars in the wildcard ranges in order to have all characters at hand which bloats the image to 10x the actual required size.

Is there a possibility to solve the issue other than having a translation text multiple times in the text library? E.g. is it possible to select multiple typographies for a resource?

Thanks,
Lukas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello @SWT-GAL ,

It's not possible to select multiple typographies for a resource in TouchGFX. I understand the problem you're facing when handling 20k different characters. What I can suggest you is to put your text resources in external memory if you have one.

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello @SWT-GAL ,

It's not possible to select multiple typographies for a resource in TouchGFX. I understand the problem you're facing when handling 20k different characters. What I can suggest you is to put your text resources in external memory if you have one.

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX