cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Requirement for TouchGFX on STM32F303xx

nrbhatt007
Associate II

I am using STM32F303VBT6 in my application where I need to use the graphical library for advanced HMI development.

The system would have more than 15 screens (consists of Text, symbols, images etc.), LCD is not a touch display it is simple 262K color TFT display, resolution is 320X240, system would have multiple language support as well.

So what will the Internal Flash / External Flash / Internal RAM / External RAM requirement to support this features with TouchGFX library??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

Your description is way too vague. This is not possible to assess precisely what you are trying to do. It also depends if you want to use partial framebuffer or not.

You can take a look the Online applications running on G071-NUCLEO that you can find in TouchGFX Designer.

As an example a single screen demo app (which usually means more Ram needed than a multiple screen app) with Partial framebuffer has the following memory footprint :

1Mbyte of Flash (including external and internal)

19 kbytes of RAM

On a F3 I would go for a partial framebuffer approach because you are going towards a low cost solution.

In the end I recommend external Flash for sure but a 8Mbytes external Flash should be enough.

For the RAM, you might not need external RAM if you use partial framebuffer as you have already 40 kbytes of RAM.

Side note : F3 is not supported officially by TouchGFX so I don't know if you can add TouchGFX Generator in CubeMX.

/Alexandre

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

Your description is way too vague. This is not possible to assess precisely what you are trying to do. It also depends if you want to use partial framebuffer or not.

You can take a look the Online applications running on G071-NUCLEO that you can find in TouchGFX Designer.

As an example a single screen demo app (which usually means more Ram needed than a multiple screen app) with Partial framebuffer has the following memory footprint :

1Mbyte of Flash (including external and internal)

19 kbytes of RAM

On a F3 I would go for a partial framebuffer approach because you are going towards a low cost solution.

In the end I recommend external Flash for sure but a 8Mbytes external Flash should be enough.

For the RAM, you might not need external RAM if you use partial framebuffer as you have already 40 kbytes of RAM.

Side note : F3 is not supported officially by TouchGFX so I don't know if you can add TouchGFX Generator in CubeMX.

/Alexandre