cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F769 - Discovery DSI with EK79007

HAnh
Associate III

Hi everyone.

I have STM32F769 Discovery-Board. I want to use this board control TFT 7inch using EK79007.

How can I do it? Because i saw that EK79007 very different OTM8009 on STM32F769.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

You get to read the manuals and write the drivers.

You'll need to configure the LTDC/DSI for the panel resolution and expectations for the timings, syncs, lines, etc

And configure the display side controller to understand the number of DSI Lanes in use.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JSmit.21
Associate

Hi There, I'm in exactly the same position and am looking to extend STM32F769 evaluation board to work with a 7" display with the EK79007 driver chip (Either 1024 x 600 or 600 x 480). Have you had any luck or made any progress? I'm looking to modify the existing otm8009.c file as this is integrated into the TouchGFXHAL.cpp interface and seams like the best option. The datasheet gives you a list of registers but no clear initialisation sequence.

Danix2k
Associate III

Hi @Community member​ and @HAnh​ ,

did you find any solution? I'm trying to do the same think that maybe you already done. Could you provide example code or procedure? Because i have the same problem on a STM32H757i-EVAL board connecting a 1024x600 display with EK79007 IC driver.

Thanks

Not sure about the EK79007, but I've definitely posted LTDC/DSI settings for 1024x600 video generation on STM32 devices to the forum in the past.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you @Community member​ .

I'll check your previous post and I let you know.

Danix2k
Associate III

Hi everybody,

I'm writing you to inform that the problem with EK9007 was that I was trying to use this driver in Adapted Command Mode instead it works only with VIDEO MODE (in burst mode for example).

Hope that this information is useful for someone else.

Regards.