cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to control SPI display

mdiro
Associate III

I currently have a display that works with ST7789 controller and a Nucleo board, L4476RG. Unfortunately, I cannot find anything about interfacing SPI with TouchGFX, except for some very generic descriptions.

What are the steps you would recommend to follow? So far, I have enabled SPI and the software pack in CUBEMX - single buffer, no need for partial; I have generated code in TouchGFX design for a blank screen; my main is basically nothing, only the st7789_init(), everything else is self-generated. With this, I could not get anything on my screen.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
MM..1
Chief II

Ofcourse , you setup TouchGFX to single buffer and CUSTOM driver mode. This say you write driver parts self. But some examples exist ... Primary docu is FMC and SPI Display Interface | TouchGFX Documentation

mdiro
Associate III

To me, that document is not so clear. How do SPI and TouchGFX coordinate with each other? What are the functions I need to call? What are the part I need to write? Is the ST7789 driver still needed? All these these are unclear, unfortunately.

Hi,

You can have a look at the user code setting up the SPI display in the TouchGFX Board Template for the STM32G0nucleo board available in TouchGFX Designer.

/Romain

mdiro
Associate III

Hi, thank you for your answer. How do you do when the controller of your display (and so the driver) is different from the one in the display? What do you have to adapt in that template?

Hi,

From the datasheet I guess. The templates contain user code found in the target/ folder. Some files are generated by STM32CubeMX and the user code is added in the User Code sections (comments are present to stipulate where to write, or in your case look at what is done) in those files (like TouchGFXHAL.cpp).

/Romain