cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard SPI memory without FMC and Touch GFX

Petr3
Associate III

Hello,

i have question about external memory storage.

Can be external serial memory used as a storage for Touch GFX images connected via standard SPI(MISO,MOSI, SCK and software driven NCS) to the MCU STM32F767 without FMC_NCS? Is it possible?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

I don't think so. Memory needed by TouchGFX needs to be in memory mapped mode. Memories using SPI interface (MOSI/MISO) don't offer this possibility. Only xSPI memories (SPI flavor) can do that. Or external memories using FMC interface.

Or may be you need to copy your images from your SPI in an internal RAM, than let TouchGFX fetches the images from that address. I'm not expert of TouchGFX but I think it could be doable but not efficient in term of application performance.

Hope I answered your question.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

I don't think so. Memory needed by TouchGFX needs to be in memory mapped mode. Memories using SPI interface (MOSI/MISO) don't offer this possibility. Only xSPI memories (SPI flavor) can do that. Or external memories using FMC interface.

Or may be you need to copy your images from your SPI in an internal RAM, than let TouchGFX fetches the images from that address. I'm not expert of TouchGFX but I think it could be doable but not efficient in term of application performance.

Hope I answered your question.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.