cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] Typography wildcard, how to add punctuation char(s)?

RReta.1
Associate III

Most of the sample shows how to add these ranges to the Wildcard Range

0-9,A-Z,a-z

How does one add punctuation chars into the Typography using TouchGFX designer?

. period
? question mark
! exclamation point
.. etc

Adding it as comma separators in Wildcard Ranges does not work.

Do we need to do it using the other columns? If so what is the difference between "Wildcard Characters" and "Widget Wildcard Characters"?

Also, with these being generated as glyphs, am I right to think that Wildcard ranges for larger point fonts will consume more code space? (i.e. 15pt vs 32pt fonts of the same typography)

Thanks for everyone's time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello RReta.1,

You should put your punctuation characters in Wildcard Characters. In general the user does not use Widget Wildcard Characters.

For more information on Text handling, I highly recommend you to check the documentation website

Here is an extract :

Wildcard Characters:

Characters that should be available to display in the TouchGFX application. This is recommended over using a dummy text. A dummy text will generate all glyphs, but also the actual string (e.g. "0123456789-"). Putting "0123456789-" in this column will generate the glyphs, but not a string.

Widget Wildcard Characters:

These are characters which some widgets that require a wildcard will add. The Digital Clock widget will add "0123456789 :APM" to this field.

/Alexandre

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello RReta.1,

You should put your punctuation characters in Wildcard Characters. In general the user does not use Widget Wildcard Characters.

For more information on Text handling, I highly recommend you to check the documentation website

Here is an extract :

Wildcard Characters:

Characters that should be available to display in the TouchGFX application. This is recommended over using a dummy text. A dummy text will generate all glyphs, but also the actual string (e.g. "0123456789-"). Putting "0123456789-" in this column will generate the glyphs, but not a string.

Widget Wildcard Characters:

These are characters which some widgets that require a wildcard will add. The Digital Clock widget will add "0123456789 :APM" to this field.

/Alexandre

Thanks Alexandre! Any ideas on my question on the consumed flash for the glyph in relation to font size? (will the glyph for a larger font size consume more flash?)

Hello RReta.1,

Yes the flash will be more consumed since it means more information to store ^^

0693W00000D0BJqQAN.png/Alexandre