cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen jitters with animation

TDele.1
Associate III

Hello,

I'm currently developing a project using Touchgfx on a custom board with a STM32F469II, external RAM/FLASH, SD card and a 1024x600 screen.

I've recently come across an issue when performing any animation (slide screen transition, scrollable container, box/circle progress, ...) where the screen shakes like crazy (see video) and also during a small moment after.

Any movement seem to be able to trigger this issue and the only way I've found to stop it is to disable chrom-art but then the frame rate drops down to about 15 fps when performing those animation.

Does anyone know what's causing this shaking ? And if so, how can I limit it as much as possible ?

Thanks in advance,

Tristan

15 REPLIES 15
HP
Senior III

have you tried triplebuffering / animation storage?

Today I was playing with Debug/Release configurations and suddenly Release one gave me terrible screen jitter and distortion. The main difference was a code optimization (for size) in Release configuration, while Debug has no optimization at all, and Debug is working fine. When I disabled optimization for Release all problems are gone.​

Yes this too have very terrible efects, but use without optimizations isnt way.

Yes , but this change nothing. A. Little improved is with change STM32DMA disable fill over chromART BlitOperations STM32F4DMA::getBlitCaps() { return static_cast( /*BLIT_OP_FILL | BLIT_OP_FILL_WITH_ALPHA | */ BLIT_OP_COPY | BLIT_OP_COPY_WITH_ALPHA | BLIT_OP_COPY_ARGB8888 | BLIT_OP_COPY_ARGB8888_WITH_ALPHA | BLIT_OP_COPY_A4 | BLIT_OP_COPY_A8); } B. Between screens on loading stage this don’t helps, seems as lib erase framebuffer with fill DMA. Now on 469 DSI displays is very hard or impossible use multi screen . Need solution from ST.

I think you should share the project files so other people can verify and investigate the issue further 🙂

I share project on other thread, but today I solve this issue with change framebuffer to 16bit.
And project isnt usable without custom 1280x480 or 1024x600 ... DSI displays...