cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scalable Image and ExtFlashSection problem

erkanc
Associate III

Hi everyone.

I use scalable image in extflashsection. But image is not shown on the TFT. If i select the intflashsection, the image is shown on the TFT. 

I am using external flash. There is not any problem in normal image widget. And it is storaged in extflash.

Is there any solution for this problem? How to i can use scalable Image in external flash?

xxx_flash.ld file

ExtFlashSection :
{
*(ExtFlashSection ExtFlashSection.*)
*(.gnu.linkonce.r.*)
. = ALIGN(0x4);
} >SPIFLASH

5 REPLIES 5

Hello @erkanc ,

Could you please specify which MCU you are using? Are you working on a custom board or a STM32 Discovery Board? 
Have you defined the address range for SPI Flash large enough for to host the scalable images? 
Also, keep in mind that scalable images are heavy widgets for MCUs, so there might be a chance that the MCU cannot render them fast enough when they are stored on the External Flash, but I can't say it for sure since I don't know which MCU you are using. 

Best regards,

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
erkanc
Associate III

Thank you for your response. I am using NUCLEO STM32G0B1RE kit that have 64 MHz clock and 32 Mbits/s SPI. But the external flash IC is in custom board. DMA is activated. Memory of my flash IC has 8 MB. And indicator of capacity is ~8% for ext flash IC.  

***Also, keep in mind that scalable images are heavy widgets for MCUs, so there might be a chance that the MCU cannot render them fast enough when they are stored on the External Flash

It's possible. 

My memory state is the following SS. 

erkanc_0-1709129532659.png

Is there any solution about this? I shared my MCU information.

Hello again,

Unfortunately, the MCU that you mentioned is not capable of handling Scalable Images. Instead, you can store multiple sizes of the image you like to scale as a simple solution and go through them. I know it is not the best solution, but it can help you.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions, 
Good luck

Mohammad MORADI

I'm closing this ticket due to a month of inactivity.

Best regards,

Mohammad MORADI