cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release of TouchGFX 4.12.3!

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Iiiiiiit's ... tiiiimeeee!

I'm pleased to finally be able to announce the release of TouchGFX 4.12.3, the first official release since 4.10.0. We've worked with CubeMX and CubeIDE to improve the integration experience some, so please get the latest versions of those (5.4.0 and 1.1.0 respectively). For CubeMX, you can upgrade to 5.4 through the software updater, or you can download it from st.com as usual.

Please read the following for an overview.

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009767400

Teaser:

• Lowering memory requirements with Partial Frame Buffers
  • 8-bit framebuffers
  • L8 Image format (Pallette)
  • Improve performance with "Cacheable Container"
  • Binary fonts and languages
  • Custom Triggers and Actions
  • Image Manager with support for sections
  • Texture Mapper Widget and more...

/Martin

70 REPLIES 70

Martin,

Thanks for the reply.

It is more of a general question. I typically use the Doc Site (https://www.touchgfx.com/documentation/html/index.html) for quick answers to questions I have. There are some things that are new with 4.12.3 and I wanted more explanation.

For example, the L8 Image Format is something I will probably utilize (if I can get my images to less than 256 colors, that is :fearful_face:. I am finding this somewhat difficult with the number of transparent/alpha colors in images I have). I will also utilize dynamic bitmaps. I wanted to know if dynamic bitmaps can work with the new L8 format. The L8 article didn't really cover this. The only way I found out that dynamicBitmapCreate() now supports it was search the framework. There in the function prototype is the new argument "ClutFormat". However, the doc site does not show it (because it is for 4.10).

One thing I noticed is that when clicking on the following TouchGFX 4.12.3 release link you provided:

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009767400

I am required to create a Zendesk account to access various articles. Should I need to do this since you are under ST now?

I did find a work around to it by googling "TouchGFX L8" which provided the article.

I do understand that the documentation "is a bit shaky at the moment". I was just wondering if/when the doc site (API) will be updated. I do find it useful.

Hello agaian,

Some thing defenitly wrong with my TouchGFX.

Here is what i am doing:

• From object list, add an image object to the main screen.
  • Selecting that image object.
  • From right side menu, adding a .png file to my project.
  • From right side Image->Project(tab) i can not see just added png image.

But if i use 4.10.0 version, there is no such problems.

Is this only valid for me?

0690X00000Arfd0QAB.png0690X00000ArfcvQAB.jpg

yldzmuhammed
Associate III

This release is realy tiring.. Now i am getting these errors;

Error: L6647E: The virtual function elimination information for i._ZN8touchgfx5Color20getColorFrom24BitRGBEhhh(mainscreenviewbase.o) incorrectly indicates that section .constdata__ZTVN8touchgfx8LCD16bppE(lcd16bpp.o), offset 52 is a relocation (to a virtual function or RTTI), but there is no relocation at that offset.
Warning: L6361W: Running VFE again, to produce better error messages.
Error: L6647E: The virtual function elimination information for i._ZN8touchgfx5Color20getColorFrom24BitRGBEhhh(mainscreenviewbase.o) incorrectly indicates that section .constdata__ZTVN8touchgfx8LCD16bppE(lcd16bpp.o), offset 52 is a relocation (to a virtual function or RTTI), but there is no relocation at that offset.

What is wrong here? What am i missing?

Could you let me know which articles require you to use a login? That's really strange - Completely unrelated to anything. No login should be required.

/Martin

We're doing some tests to see if we're not handling Turkish correctly. In particular, "i"s.

I need more info, please. Compiler?

/Martin

This could also have something to do with whatever you've added containing "i" which would be mapped incorrectly for Turkish. It's not a problem we're having here at the office.

@yldzmuhammed​ 

I have this problem too and asked a question about that in here. I can't solve problem and still wait answer.

Sorry you had to wait, @Yunus Arı​. I'll update this particular post with regards to this specific issue.

I'll post a link to this post.

/Martin

MartinS
Associate II

​Hi,

I probably found a bug in TouchGFX Designer 4.12.3. If you want to change color of TextArea, you expand proper window but then as soon as you click on slider/numerical field or color palette it folds immediately. That it why it is really hard to modify this value. I compared it with 4.10.0 and there it works correctly.