Did you mean: 

"No Rule to make target" error

Sayali
Associate II
  • Project created in: TouchGFX Designer
  • Board used: STM32F469I-Discovery Board
  • Generated code in TouchGFX Designer
  • TouchGFX Designer also creates STM32CubeIDE application
  • Replaced the name in .project folder. "<name>STM32F469I-DISCO</name>" with my Project name "<name>MyApplication</name>"
  • In STM32CubeIDE workspace: Opened MyApplication using open "Projects from file system".
  • Configured QSPI suitably. Able to see QSPI in build analyzer
  • Debugger configuration:

Debug Probe: ST-LINK(ST-LINK GDB server)

Interface: SWD

ST-LINK S/N: scanned

Frequency: 8000 kHz

Access Port: 0 - Cortex-M4

External Loader : "N25Q128A_STM32469I-DISCO, 0x90000000, NOR FLASH, N25Q128A_STM32469I-DISCO.stldr"

However, now I have run into an error called "No rule to make target" I am not too sure what it means. Can you please guide me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

>>However, now I have run into an error called "No rule to make target" I am not too sure what it means.

Means make doesn't know how to generate a specific object file, where it doesn't have a method to generate a .O file from a .F (Fortran) file, for example.

So either how to compile something, which compiler/settings to use, or when linking te intermediate objects into the final executable.

Really need to look at the log and error message, it should provide context, and a directory for the project build might show what's missing, or which files it might lack rules to process.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

>>However, now I have run into an error called "No rule to make target" I am not too sure what it means.

Means make doesn't know how to generate a specific object file, where it doesn't have a method to generate a .O file from a .F (Fortran) file, for example.

So either how to compile something, which compiler/settings to use, or when linking te intermediate objects into the final executable.

Really need to look at the log and error message, it should provide context, and a directory for the project build might show what's missing, or which files it might lack rules to process.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

It's somewhat a bit annoying I reckon but only renaming the name in .project will probably not work.

If you try without renaming I think it will work. In a project, the files are related to each other therefore each file uses the project name and if you change only one it will likely become unrecognizable. To put it simply, it can be quite tricky to change the name of an Application Template.

/Alexandre

Thank you for your help.

I resolved this error.

I noticed one thing here: When I created a project in TouchGFX Designer I used a few images for my project and then generated the code. I noticed TouchGFX designer creates .cpp files and object files.But, later when I deleted some Images and regenerated the code.The old object files never deleted and it caused error.

Zu
Associate II

Hello,

how did you solve this problem?

I deleted those files but it still has this problem.