cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-F429/F439 RGB666 interface mapping

CVill.2
Associate

Hi,

I need a development board with the rgb 666 interface to use a TFT display.

Looking through the Nucleos, I found the NUCLEO-F429ZI and the NUCLEO-F439ZI which should include that interface.

Reading the documentation of theese boards and their MCU, I saw that the LQFP144 package of the STM32F4 of theese Nucleos should support the rgb666 interface (not the rgb888), and that's ok for me, but I found in the datasheets that the LCD_R0 and LCD_R1 pin are not present in the MCU (and Nucleo) pinout.. So, how can I connect the LDC_[R5 to R0] pins of my LCD?

Should I map the display LCD_R/G/B[5..0] pins to the Nucleo LCD_R/G/B[7..2] pins?

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Quoting from LTDC chapter of RM0090:

For LTDC outputs up to 24-bit (RGB888), if less than 8bpp are used to output for example

RGB565 or RGB666 to interface on 16b-bit or 18-bit displays, the RGB display data lines

must be connected to the MSB of the LCD-TFT controller RGB data lines. As an example, in

the case of an LCD-TFT controller interfacing with a RGB565 16-bit display, the LCD display

R[4:0], G[5:0] and B[4:0] data lines pins must be connected to LCD-TFT controller

LCD_R[7:3], LCD_G[7:2] and LCD_B[7:3].

JW

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Quoting from LTDC chapter of RM0090:

For LTDC outputs up to 24-bit (RGB888), if less than 8bpp are used to output for example

RGB565 or RGB666 to interface on 16b-bit or 18-bit displays, the RGB display data lines

must be connected to the MSB of the LCD-TFT controller RGB data lines. As an example, in

the case of an LCD-TFT controller interfacing with a RGB565 16-bit display, the LCD display

R[4:0], G[5:0] and B[4:0] data lines pins must be connected to LCD-TFT controller

LCD_R[7:3], LCD_G[7:2] and LCD_B[7:3].

JW

Thank you so much @Community member​