cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with STM32F746G DISCO and TouchGFX Demonstration program.

RRoon
Associate II

Hi,

I built the demo below (from STM32Cube-F7) and Flash the .hex file using CUBE-Programmer (with external loader enabled) it to my STM32F746G DISCO.

\STM32Cube\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Demonstrations\TouchGFX\SW4STM32\STM32746G-Discovery\.project

The display looks like the picture attached. Does anyone recognise this problem ?

(The Hardware is OK … as I can run STemWIn demo fine.)

Any ideas please ?

Richard.

11 REPLIES 11
ChoppaD
Associate

Hello,

I think one thing that is missed throughout this thread is that the TouchGFX images are to be programmed into the "EXTERNAL FLASH". If you are using the STM32CubeProgrammer to do this, you need to follow these steps to use the External Flash Loader, to for the image to be located at 0x09000000. Otherwise the program is flashed to internal flash in the application space at 0x08000000.

How to download TouchGFX demo to ST32F746G-DISCO board

First step is to download the STM32CubeProgrammer and install it on your system. This tool enables you to flash the internal and external flash of the discovery board(s) and can be downloaded here: https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeprog.html

Now follow these steps to program the discovery board:

1. Connect the discovery board to your computer using an USB-cable

2. Open the STM32CubeProgrammer program.

3. Click on the "THREE HORIZONTAL BARS" at the top left of the screen, then select "External loaders" the icon has the letters EL printed on a chip which is circled. Select the N25Q128A_STM32F746G_DISCO device from the menu.

4. Click on the Erasing & Programming icon, and under the Download section, browse the path to open one of supplied demos or your project generated (.hex file).

5. Select and choose any programming options you want, and click the Start Programming button to start the download.

6. Wait for the download to succeed.

The board should now be programmed with the new demo. Disconnect the STM32CubeProgrammer and either reset or unplug/plug the discovery board.

Does it work?

Good Luck,

ChoppaD

working for me, thanks!