cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPU configuration when TouchGFX is used

ToniT
Associate II

Hi,

I'm using stm32u599 and an external qspi with touchgfx.
Is it necessary to enable and set the MPU configuration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @ToniT ,

It depends on the project you are working on, if you think it benefits the performance of your application, then you can enable it. However, you don't need to enable the MPU for TouchGFX project to work on.

You can get inspiration from the STM32U5A9DK Board Setup that is available in the TouchGFX designer for configuring your board.

STM32U5A9J DK board setupSTM32U5A9J DK board setup

I hope this answers your question.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions if you have, but remember to follow the guidelines pointed out by our amazing friend @SofLit  

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Please read these recommendations on how to post a thread on this community especially on how to write a title and how to explain your problem/ask your question.

Thank you for your understanding.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @ToniT ,

It depends on the project you are working on, if you think it benefits the performance of your application, then you can enable it. However, you don't need to enable the MPU for TouchGFX project to work on.

You can get inspiration from the STM32U5A9DK Board Setup that is available in the TouchGFX designer for configuring your board.

STM32U5A9J DK board setupSTM32U5A9J DK board setup

I hope this answers your question.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions if you have, but remember to follow the guidelines pointed out by our amazing friend @SofLit  

Mohammad MORADI

Hi,

maybe I asked the question too simply
I already have a working project with several screens in a real device
I read in some application notes that the mpu is mandatory, but they talked about cortex M7 not M33
I had doubts whether it should also be activated for the M33

IMG_20240627.jpg

Thanks for you reply.

Oh, I see.

Yes, for Cortex-M7, you need it enabled, and I'm glad that you already have your application up and running.

Good luck!

Mohammad MORADI