cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost connection with STM32H7 after adding new component to the screen

ypiotrp
Senior

Hi

I have a problem with TouchGFX on STM32H7B0 with external flash memory through OCTOSPI and TouchGFX 4.16. I try to make a screen with a debug console. It supposed to show debug logs from my application. The screen consists of 18 TextArea objects (lines of the console), one CustomContainer (4 TextAreas) and a fullscreen Box (background). I wanted to add one more object (SlideMenu). When I did it my application broke up - after startup I get this kind of random image: 0693W00000Bb2efQAB.jpgThen the debugger looses the connection to STM32 and I can't do anything. I tried increasing the stack size of the task running TouchGFX but it didn't help.

Can you please help me?

Regards,

Piotr

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ypiotrp
Senior

Hi Martin,

thank you for your answer. I managed to resolve my issue. In the future I will be using FMC to connect NAND flash memory but for now I have all the pins loose with the FMC turned on. It turned out that pulling the FMC_NWAIT pin high or just turning off the whole peripheral resolves my issue. The application starts normally now.

Regards,

Piotr

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ypiotrp
Senior

@Romain DIELEMAN​ , @Martin KJELDSEN​ , @Alexandre RENOUX​  can you please help me solve this issue?

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Community member​ - I'll try to get back to this asap - in the middle of a new release.

It looks very strange, your issue. I can't imagine the application is actually running; it probably crashed. Did you check your stack sizes? Sometimes when applications grow you need to adjust.

/Martin

ypiotrp
Senior

Hi Martin,

thank you for your answer. I managed to resolve my issue. In the future I will be using FMC to connect NAND flash memory but for now I have all the pins loose with the FMC turned on. It turned out that pulling the FMC_NWAIT pin high or just turning off the whole peripheral resolves my issue. The application starts normally now.

Regards,

Piotr

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Ah, that's a nice find on your part 🙂 Great.

/Martin