cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Hardware button with "Button With Label"

Kostas Papouis
Associate III

Hello Community,

I have few "Buttons with Labels" within a scroll list where I am able to scroll within the scroll list using a hardware button and animateToItem function.

What I would also like to do is to show which Button with label is active.

Is there any way a hardware button can be linked with a Button with Label.
Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Kostas Papouis,

You can use Scroll Wheel instead of Scroll List which already supports a functionality to highlight the selected button. You just need to provide the image for when the button is selected. 
There are a lot of examples available in the TouchGFX Designer that you can use for inspiration. For instance, you can take a look at TouchGFX Demo 5 in the language selection screen. 

TouchGFX Demo 5TouchGFX Demo 5 

For your second question, there is no direct way to connect a hardware button to ButtonWithLabel; however, you can simply define an Interaction to happen when a specific hardware button is pressed. There is also example for that in TouchGFX Demo 5.

I hope this helps you!
Don't hesitate to ask more questions if you have any!

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Kostas Papouis,

You can use Scroll Wheel instead of Scroll List which already supports a functionality to highlight the selected button. You just need to provide the image for when the button is selected. 
There are a lot of examples available in the TouchGFX Designer that you can use for inspiration. For instance, you can take a look at TouchGFX Demo 5 in the language selection screen. 

TouchGFX Demo 5TouchGFX Demo 5 

For your second question, there is no direct way to connect a hardware button to ButtonWithLabel; however, you can simply define an Interaction to happen when a specific hardware button is pressed. There is also example for that in TouchGFX Demo 5.

I hope this helps you!
Don't hesitate to ask more questions if you have any!

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Thank you.