cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LineSpacing error in TouchGFX Version 4.20.0

IHaas.1
Associate

I updated my TouchGFX from version 4.18.1 to version 4.20.0 and noticed that it is no longer possible to set the "LineSpacing". In the old version, if you had a text area with several lines, you could increase or decrease the line spacing pixel by pixel using the "LineSpacing" value. If I now change this value in TouchGFX version 4.20.0, this no longer has any influence on the line spacing of the text. Is there a reason why this function no longer works?

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

7 REPLIES 7
DStau.1
Associate

Yes. Would need help too. I have the same problem :(

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello IHaas.1,

I tried to reproduce your error without success, the LineSpacing works fine on my side.

With LineSpacing 0 :

0693W00000Nt1pvQAB.png0693W00000Nt1qKQAR.png 

With LineSpacing 30 :

0693W00000Nt1qjQAB.png0693W00000Nt1qGQAR.pngCan you show us some screenshots from your application ?

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
DStau.1
Associate

So it translates your spacing on the target but it's not visible in the designer. This seems like a bug since we can't fix the GUI without opening the simulator for every spacing change we do.

Will this be adressed in a future fix?

JSeiz.1
Associate II

Hi, I've got the same problem. I'm working with 4.19.0 and for me it is absolutely necessary to see in the designer what I'll get in the application. Otherwise it takes too much time to "play" with the line spacing until I get a suitable result. I've talked to some TouchGFX employees at the Embedded World in Nuremberg and they told me an new release is coming soon. Hopefully this bug is fixed ....

0693W00000QKGTmQAP.png

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hi,

Yes you right, the "preview" of line spacing is not working. Thank you for your report. We'll try to have this fixed for the next version of Designer for sure. I'll keep you updated about this, and meantime, you can use the simulator to have this preview.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
JSeiz.1
Associate II

Hi,

the TouchGFX version 4.20 has been released last week. Has this bug been fixed? Is it worth to try it?

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello JSeiz.1,

The latest version of TouchGFX is still the 4.20.0, so the bug is still here. But I'm happy to tell you that we have a fix ready for that, so it should be resolved for the next 4.21.0 release 🙂

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT