cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Japanese text problem.

RG.3
Associate III

I have tried with Noto Sans, ipaexg, NotoSerifCJKjp-Medium. But still I am getting fallback character. I am using STM32H750VB. Can you please help how to fix this issue.

0693W00000Ba4xJQAR.jpg0693W00000Ba4y1QAB.png0693W00000Ba4xcQAB.png

20 REPLIES 20

I tried with Noto Serif and ipaexg as well but, still I am getting the fallback Character(i.e. "?" in the display).should I do something related to MPU config...? I am using STM32H750VB microcontroller...

This is very strange that it does not work properly on your side. But this is not linked to the MPU. Does it work if you run the simulator ? If yes then it would be linked to where the fonts are stored and accessed in your project.

By the way, have you checked like I wrote the T icon in the first Japanese message under the EN tab to make sure it is using the right font ?

/Romain

In the simulator It is working fine....(T icon thing(you are mentioning typed text prefix?).If yes means I have included it in my code.

But in my display I am getting Fallback character. Anyother thing am I missing...?

That T icon will let you select the font for that text, I want to make sure you are actually using the fonts handling japanese.

0693W00000BaaP4QAJ.png/Romain

What is T icon sir? Any screen shots of it. If possible

Yes I have done that...0693W00000BaaYeQAJ.png

This one. In my previous screenshot you can see the menu it will open.0693W00000BacS9QAJ.png/Romain

Yes That one also I made to IPAexg but still in the display I am getting fallback Character.0693W00000BacWLQAZ.png

Can you share your project so that we can have a better look ? It is very weird that it works fine on the simulator but not on target. Could you do a full erase of the chip and rebuild the project ?

/Romain

I am attaching my project file.