cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Japanese text problem.

RG.3
Associate III

I have tried with Noto Sans, ipaexg, NotoSerifCJKjp-Medium. But still I am getting fallback character. I am using STM32H750VB. Can you please help how to fix this issue.

0693W00000Ba4xJQAR.jpg0693W00000Ba4y1QAB.png0693W00000Ba4xcQAB.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RG.3
Associate III

Problem Solved:

I was using Unicode::snprintf(textBuffer, BUFFER_LENGTH, "%s", TypedText(LCD_screen->templatesss.menu.items_text_id[i]).getText())

I replaced it with text.setTypedText(TypedText(LCD_screen->templatesss.menu.items_text_id[i])); it is working fine now.

Thanks for your help

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

You need to add the characters you will need in the wildcard range or wildcard characters in your second screenshot.

/Romain

for Japanese what is the range?

I tried 0x0000-0x33FF.But still it is not working. Unicode - Hiragana falls between 0x3040 to 0x309f.

Hi,

When in doubts you can just add the characters you will use (just write the same text as in the textAreas you are using, not need to put the unicode) in the "wildcard characters" section. Noto Sans seems to not handle Japanese correctly, or maybe it is just the ttf I found online.

/Romain

RG.3
Associate III

I am getting this error when I tried to open the file. I am able to download only 4.16.0 I could not able to download 4.16.1

0693W00000BaH4VQAV.pngoutof these fonts which one I Have to use

0693W00000BaH5JQAV.png 

you can download TouchGFX 4.16.1 from STM32CubeMX or from this link : https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-touchgfx.html

I was able to display Japanese with both the NotoSerif and ipaexg

/Romain

RG.3
Associate III

I tried with same fonts and same text...But Still I am getting the fall back character.

0693W00000BaM75QAF.png0693W00000BaM7KQAV.jpg0693W00000BaM7AQAV.png

could you share the text you are trying to display and the font you are using ? In your last screenshot you can see a small T icon in the first Japanese message under the EN tab, could you check that you are using the right font there ?

/Romain

In textsTobeDisplayed you can find the Text and in japanesefonts you can find the fonts that are used.

Hi,

The Noto Sans fonts do not properly handle Japanese characters. Could you try using Noto Serif instead ? Are you sure you used ipaexg as well ? It works fine on my side.

/Romain