cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to convert with DMA2D on STM32H743 YCBCR from the DCMI to RGB565 ?

MSale.1
Senior

I have question related to the graphic engine DMA2D in the STM32H743. Can it convert progressive scan YCBCR from the DCMI to RGB 565. this is very important for any Application that needs to save video at high resolution with 30fps?

7 REPLIES 7
berendi
Principal

The incoming YCbCr data format is documented in section 18.4.12 YCbCr support of the reference manual. If the ordering is different, you have to rearrange it beforehand by a separate pass, maybe through DMA2D or MDMA.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

I recommend you this AN5020: Digital Camera Interface (DCMI) on STM32 MCUs that will help you in your configuration.

Best Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

@berendi​  I read it before but it also mention that it work with the output of the hardware JPEG decoder which is 8x8 block. so is it ok to use the same configuration with the output from the camera?

Thanks in advance

@Imen DAHMEN​ 

Hello,

Thanks for the answer.i just have asked specific question because i could not found any information about it and with software conversion it will take time which will affect the frame rate. i hope i got direct answer from you to my question.

Regards

Mahmoud

Yes, it is possible to convert with DMA2D on STM32H743 YCbCr to RGB565

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

@Imen DAHMEN​ 

Hello,

Thank you very much for your information

Best Regards

Mahmoud

@Imen DAHMEN​ 

Hello

Is there any working example or an application note to convert YCBCR from the DCMI to RGB565 using DMA2D?

Best Regards

Mahmoud