cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface with backend module

PBU
Associate III

Hi,

In my current design all back end modules are communicating with GUI via model. In model im reading queue inside tick function. In case of any state change occurs it is notified to the corresponding presenter. I have placed all business logic related to that screen in presenter, in presenter i'm receiving blocking message call this made the model to miss ticks. Due to this screen rendering gets affected. How to resolve this issue? Do i need to change entire design.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Okay, this is definitely not a best practice to do - The presenter manages setting up the view. You should await this reply in a different task and notify the GUI task of this which then notifies the active presenter -> modifies the view to display this reply, etc.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

What are these blocking message calls? They will impact your render time, yes. Consider moving it to a different task.

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

In presenter i'm sending events to other module and waiting for the reply. While waiting for reply event model misses tick. It effects screen rendering.

Okay, this is definitely not a best practice to do - The presenter manages setting up the view. You should await this reply in a different task and notify the GUI task of this which then notifies the active presenter -> modifies the view to display this reply, etc.