cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to use touchGFX on STM32L496G-Disco with a screen connected to spi1 and not the on board screen.

Eblec.1
Associate II

I want to use touchGFX on STM32L496G-Disco with a screen connected to spi1 and not the on board screen.

the screen connected to spi1 is supported on another board with the driver in ST7789.c + .h when it is connected to STM32L476RG_NUCLEO. the problem I have with this board is that touchGFX can't run on it because of small ram size.

I tried to switch to this driver, but I had problems to change the TouchGFXHAL.cpp . I don't know what should I do with this layer.

thanks.

eyal.

8 REPLIES 8
MM..1
Chief II

320KB of RAM is ok, then maybe you make other mistake.

Eblec.1
Associate II

hello. if ram is ok with STM32L476RG , how can I add touchGFX to the project made by cube MX ? thanks.

Eblec.1
Associate II

also, if I try to use STM32L496G-Disco with the other screen I want, how can I set touchGFX to run on this other screen ? thanks.

MM..1
Chief II

Maybe open IDE start new project select DISCO in wizard select ... check LCD working.

Add soft package TGFX ... config in ioc editor tgfx part

Eblec.1
Associate II

hello. where in configuration can I add touchGFX to a project built from ioc ? thanks.

Eblec.1
Associate II

hello. I have a project that support ST7789H2 screen and I need to change to ST7789 screen that I connected through SPI.

I have to set TouchGFXHAL properly. Is there an example for TouchGFXHAL that use ST7789 ?

thanks.

Eblec.1
Associate II

hello. As I understand now, I need to change the touchGFX interface to the screen I have from RGB to SPI !

am I wright ? Is it possible ?

thanks.