cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't understand MPV framework.

Jloda.11
Associate II

I don't understand role of presenter in the MPV framework why can't I pass data from model directly to view. Also, why should I pass data from view to presenter to model why can't I pass data directly to main using a queue in the view?

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

MVP is an abstraction model with the help of which you can design a system that is implemented in several levels (i.e. Model - View - Presenter). The model is not interested in what happens in the view and vice versa. Everything that is to be shown on the view must pass through the presenter, which forms the logic behind the view.

If you stick to this structure, you can adapt the system to new displays, for example, with only a few changes.

Of course, no one forces you to stay in MVP, but then you have to take care of every detail yourself, also and especially when changing e.g. the display just mentioned.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.