cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using cube ide on my Mac OS . how I can use touchgfx with cube ide on Mac OS

Mrohi
Associate III

20 REPLIES 20
KMill
Associate III

Any news on Supporting macOS?

It's a show stopper for my company - which is a real shame.

I'd offer to port the deigner to macOS for you, if it helps?

Kyrpav
Associate III

Any new reply on this Support of macOS

Oh please! Go on! You know you want to 😉

Hi,

This is still not in the near future plans unfortunately.

/Romain

Hi,

We do want to support it you are right 😅 but it is not as easy as it seems and there are other crucial tasks on our way as well unfortunately.

/Romain

Kyrpav
Associate III

It seems that if you did not include it after 3 years it will never be, since also it is going to be much harder to restart everything from scratch. Am i correct if i assume that at the same time for marketing reasons there is not going to be any announcement that macOs is not going to be supported at all ?

zaiceye
Associate

Would be very helpful to have a Java version of touchGFX designer to be able to run on OSx. I think I will wait forever for this

Hi Romain,

we understand you purchased this tool from third party as is, and now you do not want to completely rewrite it to be cross platform.

However, you must understand that the rest of your tools are all cross platform and that a large portion of developers, more than you think, develops on the MacOS platform.

The fact that this tool is not aligned with the others causes great inconvenience for those who develop in particular on the Mac M1 platform.
Continuing to ignore this situation does you no credit.

Your development platform is incomplete and it is not right for you to continue to be uninterested in it.

That's all

Best regards

CTapp.1
Associate III

Another Mac user here who really wants to use TouchGFX.

Is it possible to use TouchGFX on the Mac without using the designer?

I started a project in TouchGFX Designer (Windows) and used dropbox as project folder. I was hoping I would then be able to open the .project file in CubeIDE MacOs, but I can't even see the file... (Yes I am showing hidden files in MacOs) 

What am I doing wrong?