cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use touchgfx with nucleo board that is not in standard list also how to use a display controller like ili9488 or RA8875.

Kyrpav
Associate III

Hi i am very new to all stm32, i have some project that i want to move to stm32 mcus. I would like to know if i have a nucleo board that is not in the list of selections that exist in designer, or i have selected an mcu that a dev board does not exist at all like H755ZI what should i select as board. Also about screens until now i have used 2 controllers ili9488 and RA8875 for larger resolution, how this can be used since the discovery boards have other displays that do not specify what they are, and how all these things can be fixed with touchgfx. Is there any guide that explains these cases that i could read?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP
Senior III

also - the controllers you mention looks like SPI interface controllers. So, the basic gist is that tGFX creates a framebuffer - what you do with it tGFX doesn't really care about.

so how you choose to push the framebuffer contents to your display is up to you.

tGFX allows for some hooks for timing those pixel-pushing functions but you will have to write some of them by yourself.

I believe the STM32F429 devkit supports SPI as a method of using the display (it's dual interface) but the usual code uses parallel RGB.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
MM..1
Chief II

Use cubeide new project wizard and write code for any LCD

Kyrpav
Associate III

You probably understand that your comment does not really help at all and does not answer to any of the questions made.:worried_face:

😎 You maybe understand , that forum is for question about troubles with real code.

I can only repeat for custom and not listed boards, you need start project not in designer. Projects in designer is for learning and eval boards.

And second your question is equal. If MCU have bus and resources you can control any display controller.

Kyrpav
Associate III

i this case is there any guide that can be proposed for this?

Kyrpav
Associate III

thank you i am going to read the complete documentation

HP
Senior III

you can treat the devkit as a custom board and follow my guide here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRQD8JMeg_k

It's not using the latest version of tGFX but it should help you get started. I've done a fair number of tutorials on different aspects of the setup so hopefully you can get some insights even though the version numbers are not the right ones 🙂

HP
Senior III

also - the controllers you mention looks like SPI interface controllers. So, the basic gist is that tGFX creates a framebuffer - what you do with it tGFX doesn't really care about.

so how you choose to push the framebuffer contents to your display is up to you.

tGFX allows for some hooks for timing those pixel-pushing functions but you will have to write some of them by yourself.

I believe the STM32F429 devkit supports SPI as a method of using the display (it's dual interface) but the usual code uses parallel RGB.

Kyrpav
Associate III

thank you i am afraid that i am fair from really understanding everything not only as concept. I will check your videos. The ili9488 controller is really SPI the RA8875 is spi but i can solder/desolder the setup to change it i think also to parallel which i have never used before

https://www.buydisplay.com/7-inch-lcd-module-capacitive-touch-screen-panel-i2c-spi-serial

it seems that it will be long road to success.