cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to regenerate some source files for TouchGFX-generated project?

TuanLe
Associate II

I use TouchGFX to generate a project for STM32U5A9J-DK and it can generate a list of files in the Target folder such as Buttons.cpp, CortexMMCUInstrumentation.hpp, CortexMMCUInstrumentation.cpp, KeySampler.hpp, KeySampler.cpp, and other files.

If I delete all the files under the Target folder and use the STM32CubeIDE to regenerate all the deleted files (I want to change the graphics-related settings in STM32CubeIDE and these changes should be in the generated source codes), the tool STM32CubeIDE cannot regenerate the following files: Buttons.cpp, CortexMMCUInstrumentation.hpp, CortexMMCUInstrumentation.cpp, KeySampler.hpp, KeySampler.cpp.

Which setup options of STM32CubeIDE or TouchGFX can we use to tell the Generator to regenerate the missing file above?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Hello @TuanLe ,

I assume by STM32CubeIDE you meant STM32CubeMX. Whenever you want to change any settings related to the board through STM32CubeMX, you don't need to delete any files, you just regenerate the project and then regenerate thorough TouchGFX. The settings will be automatically applied to the necessary files.

For the files that you mentioned, unfortunately, they cannot be regenerated again. You need to create a new STM32U5A9J-DK and copy those files again to your project.

I hope this helps,
Good luck

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX