cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reduce TouchGFX refresh rate or MCU consumption ?

ANauz.1
Senior

Hello,

I'm working on a STM32F769I-Eval demoboard.

I have a FreeRTOS and FreeRTOS-Plus-TCP running on it. I can ping the board with a 100% succes.

When I start a basic TouchGFX 4.21 Application, even without any refresh, the Ping response fall to 30%.

As the TouchGFX as no animation, the refresh rate is not so important. How can I reduce it to avoid the TCP task miss some ping packet?

Or is there any other possibility to reduce MCU consumption by TouchGFX?

Thank you

Antoine

5 REPLIES 5
MM..1
Chief II

Touchgfx mode ? LTDC / Custom Single Double Partial SPI ?...

Jnevi.1
Senior

did you not implement a timer etc for genVSync() ? This should control how often the screen is updated

i use an spi display and call this function every 100ms. but only on screen changes the display is really updated. i do not know if this is maybe different with other displays?

Interface selected in CubeMX is custom. I do not change anything to the ioc file generated by TouchGFX designer from the board template.

Hello,

I do not implement any timer. I'm using the code generated from TouchGFX designer and CubeMX. I will have a look to change the VSync generation timer.

ANauz.1
Senior

The generated code from TouchGFX Designer and CubeMX use a "Custom" interface instead of the "Parallel RGB (LTDC)" interface.

Is it not better to use it? Or is there a reason not to use it?